Monday, January 30, 2017

Humanity to Political Theory


I've recently been on a Noam Chomsky video kick. This talk here was particularly interesting. It made me realize that I want to learn more about the enlightenment - particularly these ideas about the value of life being a rich diversity of thought.



"Anarchism is a trend in the historic development of mankind which drives for the free unhindered unfolding of all the individual and social forces of life."
 - Rudolph Rocker


Anarchism is "The absolute and essential importance of human development in its richest diversity" 
 - Wilhelm Von Humboldt



What I really want to get out of this exploration is a better foundational understanding of how this type of human value is perceived with contemporary knowledge, and how that perception of human value informs the beginnings of the best political theory.

Sounds like Noam Chomsky is my man.

No comments:

Post a Comment